The building, which was originally built around 1895 and increased in the middle of the 20th century, is expanded by an additional top floor.
The extension will be built in steel skeleton construction. The steel frames span from outer wall to outer wall, so that an open room design is possible. The resulting additional load requires the existing building to be reinforced in some areas across all floors.
At the same time, various renovation measures are also being implemented in the existing building (installation of elevators and shafts / widening stairs / closure of atrium / wall openings / etc.).